Saturday, August 14, 2010

Happy birthday!

After work this afternoon, I will be going with Tom to a birthday party for Quentin, the about-to-be three-year-old of our neighbors Matt and Jodie. This will be my first chance to get to the party, although Tom has gone the past two years. I have always been working on the weekend, but this time my schedule allows me to attend.

Quentin is a friendly little boy, big like both his parents, and a lover of typical little boy toys -- trains, trucks, airplanes and so on. (We are giving him a little tow truck.) But Jodie says he is getting to an age to be able to play games and apparently likes books, too. (A good sign, says the librarian.)

Anyway, the party will be at Firemen's Memorial Park in Lake Delton and should be fun. In the past the Fosters have put up a big pavilion-type tent at their house, but this year I guess they decided it would be easier to use one of the pavilions at the park.

Should be fun!

No comments: