Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Manic Monday

Well, maybe it wasn't THAT manic, but Monday is always my work-until-8:15 day at the library, so it seems to go on forever.

Up in the morning, breakfast and then off to Baraboo to check the district mail for bills, etc. (Wednesday is the monthly meeting and I have to prepare the treasurer's report.) No bills, no donations, just the bank statement. Happily the bank statement and my financial report match up perfectly. But I had to do the spread sheet and the monthly summary. Got that done and then off to the library.

Monday is always hectic at KPL because people are returning the gazillion DVDs they checked out for weekend viewing. So a lot of processing of those today plus working on the September newsletter and just the usual waiting on folks. I was wearing a new pair of shoes, and by the end of the day on my feet,they were killing me. These are dress shoes, and I should have known to wear them only for a few hours the first time. Today I will wear my canvas casuals. I think my feet recovered overnight.

When I got home at 8:30 for dinner, Tom had prepared an Indian-spiced meal of his own devising -- HIGHLY seasoned sort of ground-beef-and-turkey kabobs with lots of roasted fresh veggies. Great taste, but did I mention it was HIGHLY seasoned? (He picked up a bunch of spice at this international food market when we were in Madison on Sunday.) Anyway, great meal! I watched an episode of The Big Bang Theory, read a little Agatha Christie and went to bed.

Sometime in the night one of the cats killed a mouse and brought it in to leave by the garbage can. At least they are getting closer to where these things belong. Now if we can only teach them to wrap it in paper and drop it inside the can, we will be all set.

And now it is Tuesday -- my 10-hour workday. It is my long day, but most of it is spent on the Bookmobile, making it far less manic.

No comments: