Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Monopoly on truth

I was with a group of friends today and we were discussing a variety of topics -- none, incidentally, political or religious. One remark that we all agreed with was that we do not have the monopoly on God or the monopoly on truth. As one woman said, "I sure don't have all the answers."

To which I responded, "I don't even have all the questions."

On an unrelated topic, another friend was telling me about a change in administration at the housing development/golf resort where he lives. Two or three months back, Corporate sent in one of their big guys who arrived making much noise, firing people right and left and declaring that he knew what to do about the problems because he had been taking care of things like this (like what?) for a long time. Now he has been replaced by someone a little lower key.

"Seems that those who think they have the solutions to all the problems often wind up being one of the major problems."

Yup.