Monday, August 20, 2012

Phone feud follow-up

Tom spent about an hour and a quarter on the phone with three separate customer service people this morning trying to get our phone situation straightened out. I think it is mostly (not totally) back in line.I admire his lawyerly ability to remain polite under these trying circumstances. It is a gift and a skill to be able to separate the problem from the poor person who is trying to resolve said problem for you. I thought he did a commendable job.

At the library this morning, where I was doing some tutoring, I heard that a local Lutheran church had their phone service disconnected because of this snafu. They too had been switched to online billing without proper notification.Someone told the pastor that it might work to the church's advantage, though. If people tried to call and discovered the phone had been disconnected, they might figure they had better start contributing a little more so that bills could be covered.

I think the cell phone companies are likely to be the ones who profit from this mess.

No comments: