Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Buddhist wisdom

A couple of lines I have run across recently that I like.

One is from Jack Kerouac's "The Scripture of Golden Eternity."

Cats yawn because they know there is nothing to do.
 
The other is a quote from the Dalai Lama.
 
Sleep is the best meditation.
 
The cats and I agree. St. Teresa spoke about a form of prayer she called "sleep of the faculties." I'm pretty sure she wasn't talking about what the cats I are doing, but she was very supportive of whatever works for you.
 
 
Sundance, by the way, seems to have recovered from whatever was bothering her. She was much better yesterday and today is as pesky as ever.
 
 
Cassidy, meanwhile, is still somewhat put out. She is convinced that Sundance was faking just to get more attention.




No comments: