Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Quick update

1) I am back to work on the Carmelite editing job. I completed the first phase just before Christmas, but I had to wait until yesterday for further instructions from the editorial director. She had been out of her office until Monday. Anyway, I am back at that.

2) The little railroad where Tom volunteers and where I used to work asked me to come in and help them get ready for a mid-February model train show in Madison. I plan to assist with printing price tags and getting items labelled, but I also let them know that the editing job's end-of-January deadline takes priority.

3) This afternoon I head over to the library to do my weekly volunteering there.

Ah! The relaxed life-style of the retiree!

Other than that, not much. Weather is good at the moment, sunny and above freezing. We expect rain tomorrow, but there should be no freezing rain or sleet or snow as part of that. Our water tables are still low from last summer's drought, so we are happy for the precipitation.

No comments: