Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dancer


Our cats, Sundance and Cassidy, are sisters from the same litter. Their coloring is the same, and it took a while for me to tell them apart. Sundance is slender, with a triangular and very expressive face, soft hair and an extended vocabulary. Although she is obviously grown -- Tom guesstimates that they are about 14 -- , she has something of the kitten about her still. Cassidy is portly, with a flat round expressionless face, coarser hair and a limited vocabulary. If you didn't know they were sisters, you might think Cassidy is Dancer's mother.

The last few days, Sundance has been quiet and draggy. She is eating okay, although she has stopped pestering me for extra snacks. As far as I can tell, since I am the one with kitty litter duty, she is using the boxes as usual. She will sit in your lap and purr, and she still jumps up on the bed to lie beside me when I am trying to read or go to sleep. But she has also taken to slipping away to hide. No sneezing, no coughing, no hairballs. Just draggy. We are concerned, although she seems to get better and then slip back towards lethargy. Tom may take her to the vet tomorrow if nothing changes.

PS -- The pileated woodpecker (which Peggy says is a female) showed up again this morning. I had not seen her for a few days.

No comments: