Friday, April 18, 2014

For all who are celebrating this weekend

I want to wish all my friends who may be celebrating Easter this weekend a happy and safe holiday. 

Although I grew up in a Christian home, our church did not celebrate Easter Sunday as a religious holiday, the idea being that the resurrection is celebrated each week on Sunday. [Actually, the Western Catholic tradition has a similar notion in that Sundays are always feasts, even during Lent.] Similarly, we did not celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday. We did celebrate Easter and Christmas as essentially secular holidays with some religious overtones, I suppose. 

I notice that this year, Eastern Orthodox Christians celebrate Easter on the same day as most Western Christians. However and whatever your family is celebrating, be it Easter or Passover or nothing at all, may all be well with you.

No comments: