Saturday, April 19, 2014

Yea, verily!


I am happy to announce that I have finished my work on the project I was doing for the Carmelite publications office. I am about to e-mail it to the editorial director as an Easter gift.

I have also let them know that I will not be free to take on other projects in the foreseeable future. I want to get back to my own writing, and -- let's be honest -- to goofing off. At the end of May, my library work will go back to one day a week. So having finished the Carmelite project and cutting back on the library work, I expect to have more free time to do what I want to do.


Tom and I are thinking about taking a short trip to Door County, which is a peninsula jutting out into Lake Michigan. It is the largest county in Wisconsin by total area and has 298 miles of shoreline. Locals and tourists alike refer to the area as the "Cape Cod of the Midwest." Tom has been there a number of times, but I have not. We are thinking of going after the weather is warmer and spend a couple of nights mid-week to get a better rate on lodging. Looks like there are a ton of fantastic places to stay and I am pleasantly surprised that the costs are not prohibitive, even during the summer season.

Details as developments warrant.

3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I have never been to Door County, but I want to go if only for the cheese.

Sunny said...

I love traveling. 15 Days left til I travel home. On my own....flying.....for the first time ever. I am scared to death. :-O

Unknown said...

What an honor to be chosen to clarify and interpret the Footsteps of St. Teresa for the Centenary Edition !

Surely the Holy Spirit guided the decision to choose you and inspired your work for the next generation of Carmelites.

Please realize that this was no small gift!

Happy Easter.