Sunday, April 6, 2014

Homeward bound

After an interesting week in Texas -- my mother's fall, visits with family and other friends, introducing myself to the local library staff, good Mexican and Chinese food, making dinners (and two batches of dark chocolate fudge with pecans) for my mother -- I am heading back to Wisconsin. The temperatures in Whitehouse were pleasant, low 70s, the first part of the week, but turned distinctly cooler for the last part of my visit. I brought t-shirts but wound up wearing sweaters and long sleeves most of the time.

Today I plan to make it to Perryville, Missouri where I usually break the trip. Nine hours, more or less, on the road. Today I expect rain at least part of the way, maybe most of it. So it may take a bit longer. On the other hand, that will probably mean no delays due to road construction.

Should be back in the Dells sometime Monday afternoon.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Sounds like you had a lovely visit!!!

It's lovely to go home again tho- to be back in your own space. I don't care how old we get- going home to mama is always a good thing....and change now and again, is good for us.Safe Journey Michael. xx

Moving with Mitchell said...

Wishing you happy and safe travels and an uneventful trip through Misery, the "show-me-what?" state.

I KNOW you made a third batch of fudge for me. Do you have my mailing address?