Saturday, April 26, 2014

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water ...

So I started the week off feeling pretty good about getting things out of the way.


Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun

Then the library director pointed out a five-week online course for those (meaning me in our library) who help people cope with Overdrive Media Console. That's the application patrons use to download digital books and audiobooks. So I signed up for that. The lessons are relatively brief but there are homework assignments! So far, it looks like the lessons may not touch the problems that I need to solve, but perhaps I am wrong.

And then the Carmelite editorial director contacted me to ask if I could do one small additional task on the project I had sent them. Looks like it will not take too long and I agreed.

But at the end of the week I am feeling less cheerful

On a more positive note, I did get several hours of work done on the novel. A friend commented that he thought I should have a title or something to reference instead of "the novel" all the time. So from now on I will refer to it as Whoville Too. 

Had my bone density scan on Tuesday. Still have osteoporosis and am at high risk for a future fracture. [Note to self: Do not trip and fall down stairs.] On the other hand, the bone density has improved since this time last year, so at least I am moving in the right direction. I have my annual physical this Tuesday. Who knows what surprises lie in store for me?
Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun



3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

brittle bones are no laughing matter; I hope your PE is a good enough one. And no falls.

Michael Dodd said...

When I see a reference to PE it brings back painful memories of junior high physical education classes. I have a better chance of doing well at my physical exam than I ever did in gym!

Ur-spo said...

I'm worse off: when I see PE in medical records this means either Pulmonary Embolism or Premature Ejaculation.