Friday, June 13, 2014

Back to ...


Tom and Helen arrived around lunchtime on Wednesday. I had been out to pick up a couple of items, including some fresh flowers, and drove in right behind them. They were both exhausted from painting and Chicago-driving and so on. We went out for Chinese, people read and went to bed early.

Thursday I went back to work at the library: bookmobile in the morning, working on the library newsletter and its blog and odds and ends in the afternoon. That image is only remoted related to this post, since I am allegedly the library tech wizard. Pretty much not so much.

Tom's daughter Lucy had called and asked if we could provide her with dinner. She was in the area delivering rescue dogs. She had put in a request for my infamous Frito Pie, which I was happy to provide. Tom took Helen to catch the train for St. Paul and Lucy arrived about an hour later. We had a nice visit and she headed back home to Chicago.

Tom had various projects today and I piddled around. I woke up before 5:00 a.m. and could not get back to sleep. So I was up at five, poking at my tablet or the computer. After breakfast, I decided to take a morning nap -- my idea of total decadence! Which I did, and caught another hour or so of sleep.

Since then, reading, meditating, exercising, visiting with Peg who brought over some mock orange cuttings for Tom and stayed for a cup of coffee. We plan to go out for fish fry tonight and she will join us. Rich is still in Vermont, undinging hail-damaged cars.

Tomorrow Tom and I plan to attend a Civil War encampment/reenactment in Sauk Prairie. This year they are featuring a visit with Belle Boyd, a Confederate spy who would up dying in Wisconsin Dells (then called Kilbourn) and who is buried here. More on that tomorrow, if we get to go.

No comments: