Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Lazycation

Tom went to Chicago this past weekend to visit with his kids, to meet his new grandkids and to help David and Rebecca with some painting around the townhouse they recently purchased. He and Helen, who was also down to help with the painting and to attend a memorial for her late father at the Univeristy of Chicago, hope to be back here tomorrow or the next day. Helen may spend the night or just catch the train back to St. Paul, depending on when they get here and how she feels about all that.

So I have just been lazing around. I would say that I and the cats have just been lazing around, but that is the cats' natural habit anyway. (Tom might tell you it is also mine, but opinions differ.)

I have made some progress on the novel, not just editing but actual composition of new sections. The light at the end of the tunnel may not be an on-rushing train after all.

Otherwise I have exercised, enjoyed sitting on the deck, read, listened to audiobooks, fed the cats, cleaned up after the cats, petted the cats, visited with Peg, done as little grocery shopping as I can get away with, fiddled around with the computer and tried to make a dent in the leftovers in the refrigerator.

It's been nice, actually! I keep thinking I might want to go into Madison ... or Reedsburg ... or Baraboo. I have gone so far as to get my wallet, cellphone and keys.  But between my room and the garage, I come to my senses.

At some point today or tomorrow, I need to straighten up the house and make it presentable.

Maybe tomorrow.

As Ellen Degeneres so wisely says, "Procrastination is not the problem; it's the solution."

3 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow? (Although Baraboo sounds so exotic. Isn't that near Fiji?...)

Michael Dodd said...

Mitchell,
I suppose the most exotic thing in Baraboo is the Circus World Museum. Baraboo was winter quarters for Ringling Brothers and some other circuses. There's a great coffee shop, too, and a flourishing artist community in the area.

Ur-spo said...

this sounds absolutely lovely.