Monday, April 30, 2007

Memories

Much about Whitehouse has changed, and my visual memories from childhood visits often don't mesh very well with its present reality. Two things, though, remain the same. One is the wonderful old trees. I know there are big trees elsewhere, but there is soemething special to me about these huge trees in East Texas.

Another thing is a smell. The neighbors have this large flowering white bush and the fragrance is almost overwhelmingly sweet. It is a smell I associate with Whitehouse. I suppose one of my aunts and uncles had these near their house, because the scent is a definite Whitehouse scent. Unfortunately neither of my parents have been able to name the bush for me yet, and thus I am unable to post a picture. If I get any information, I will remedy this.

No comments: