Monday, April 23, 2007

No storms

The weather report had prepared us for very severe storms last evening and all night long -- thunder and lightning, high winds and a possibility of damaging hail. What we got was some high winds and rain. No electrical displays, no hail. The good news, of course, was that we didn't lose power -- a common occurrence around here -- and no hail came to destroy Tom's work getting the yard set up, some grass planted and some new trees out.

Still, it was a bit of a disappointment. I had looked forward to snuggling up in my bed while the storm raged with maybe a cat or two huddling with me. They tend to go hide with Tom, but sometimes one will deign to comfort me. The picture is of Cassidy and Sundance when they were younger and trimmer. Tom calls it "the camouflage cats" because they blend into the upholstery of that sofa. (Tom and Helen named all their cats for outlaws and all their dogs for NASCAR winners.)

I made my motel reservations for my trip down to Texas. I will leave the office at noon on Friday and stay overnight in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri. If I get an early start on Saturday, I should get into Whitehouse around four or five.

No comments: