Monday, October 29, 2007

But whenever Monday comes

(From the Mamas and the Papas 1966 hit)

When I went into work this morning my work space was filled with boxes. Joe recently got new furniture for his office, and over the weekend his brother and one of the tenants helped him dismantle the old setup and move in the new stuff. This meant I inherited a large credenza and all the stuff that has been accumulating thereon and therein for a year or so. All this had just been put into large boxes and piled around my chair, and the only thing to do was to clean it up. Joe was amazed at how quickly I turned that disorder into order, but we still spent a big chunk of the morning moving things around. I also managed to type one of the papers due in his lit class this week, but there is another one due on Thursday. I got Evelyn's bills out and about half of Joe's. So on the whole it was a fairly productive day.

Tom went in and spent half the afternoon showing Joe how to use his new laptop.

I get paid for my efforts.

Tom got a bunch of fresh parsley from the garden.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'd rather get paid!