Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday afternoon in the country

Today started out beautiful, but about midafternoon it clouded over quickly. They are predicting a fair chance of showers after midnight and into tomorrow with a high of 48. Today it was in the low 70s.

Rich and Peggy bought a beautiful coffee table from one of the artists on yesterday's tour, so we went over to admire it this afternoon. Then they came over to admire the stained glass now that it is in place. Rich had recommended the stained glass artist to Tom, and he and Peggy had considered buying the piece that Tom got. There has been some debate about how well it works with the wall color and whether or not it, the door, the ceiling, the floor or possibly the distant horizon is actually level. We will have to learn to live with it.

It doesn't show up all that well in the picture, but it has a definite presence in reality and helps define the library space even more than it was before. On the other hand, you can see that it lets plenty of light in, and that had been a concern. I think it is a success. Tom says he would not have bought it except for my enthusiasm, which is a nice thing to say but is the sort of thing that makes me reluctant to express an opinion when it involves him investing any real money.

Yesterday afternoon we saw a dozen wild turkeys in a field, and today I saw a bluebird up near the corner of Jerry's farm. I know that bluebirds are around, but I have not noticed a lot of them.

Between here and Reedburg there is a line of trees with leaves so pale yellow that they actually look white.

2 comments:

KiRSTiN said...

The glass looks absolutely gorgeous. I can see it quite well in the picture.
The camera you have must be a good one. It takes amazing pictures!
I'm so glad that I finally found your blogger, and got one myself. Now I will be able to get much closer to you. I have oh so wanted to my entire life.
Now that I am in New York, I am actually sincerely closer to you as well!!

Anyways, I love and miss you so much!

Your Weird Niece,
Kirstin

Michael Dodd said...

It's Tom's camera and he takes the pictures.

Wait until you see this place for real next month. You will be amazed.