Thursday, October 4, 2007

Still here, just still

Not much to report the last couple of days. I picked up a recent introductory overview of the opera at the library in Baraboo and just finished it. Not that I am ever likely to attend a live opera again, but you never know. When I was in high school I went a few times to the opera in Houston with Freddy Kramer's family. I still remember that we heard Lucia di Lammermoor and Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg. In the 1990's I attended two performances of The Dialogues of the Carmelites, a powerful work based on a true story of an entire convent of Discalced Carmelite nuns who died at the guillotine during the French Revolution.

Critter report: We got another mouse in a trap and when I was taking it outside a huge flock of geese was flying and honking overhead. The cats have been watching the bird feeder pretty intently and hiding (so they think) at the base. The birds scatter so much seed that it attracts field mice, and I think that is what the cats are hunting rather than the birds.

I am glad Kristin liked the photos of the house. The photographs don't do it justice, IMHO, because they make it seem more crowded than it is. I had a lot of hassle with the pictures for the first posting. The post stayed up but all the photos disappeared after a couple of days. When I went to put them back, the code for them was still there in HTML. So I don't know what is going on. They may disappear again or one day there may be duplicates. By then I guess that will be old news and we will all have moved on.


No comments: