Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Grades

The grade sheets finally arrived from the Carmelite Studies Program at the Washington Theological Union. These are for students from the spring semester, and I have been asking (nagging) for them since June. Last Friday, the Director and I had two telephone conversations about them. I am not sure which of us keeps the worse records. She seemed to think I had only had two students last spring who completed their work, and I was pretty sure I had three. So I dug through my files and found the grades for all four of them.

I have two others who registered last spring -- one of whom did three of the four papers and then had some serious health problems. I am not sure if he will finish up or not. The other one is someone I have had before who never finishes on time, so I am just chalking that one up as a lost cause most likely. In addition two others are in process. One has disappeared into the U.S. military in Korea, and I suspect he will have little time for the reading and writing involved. The other has sent in his first paper already and looks to be a serious student.

I am glad to finally get the grades submitted, but I am even happier to have finally been paid!

No comments: