Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tag

Kristin tagged me and I am supposed to list five random things about myself.

1. I love good Mexican food and good Chinese food, neither of which is readily available where I now live. There is okay Mexican and okay Chinese, but not great. This makes me sad.

2. I am always reading several books at the same time. For example, at the moment I am reading Medicus by Ruth Downie (a mystery set in the Roman Empire during the reigns of Trajan and Hadrian), Fire and Blood: A History of Mexico by T. R. Fehrenbach and a biography of Cervantes by William Byron. I am also reading (if that is the right word for flipping through and wasting time before falling asleep) The Essential Calvin and Hobbes and Da Brudderhood of Zeeba Zeeba Eata by Stephan Pastis. Reading makes me happy. Sometimes.

3. I think I was a cat in a former incarnation. Well, not really, because I don't believe in reincarnation, but I do love to take naps and I can sit around all day and stare into space. And I like to be petted and have someone else wait on me hand and foot. Not that that is likely to happen! But I suspect it would make me happy.

4. I have just completed revising a couple of short stories that I am thinking about submitting to a contest for Wisconsin residents, although neither one of them has anything to do with Wisconsin. I have had non-fiction articles published in English and Basque, but I can't find anyone who wants to publish my fiction. This makes me sad.

5. I know the Archbishop of Baghdad and met the present Pope when he was still a cardinal. One of them makes me happy.

I don't know who else out there is even reading this blog, since it is mostly for family, so -- Yo! You! Consider yourself tagged.
(If you don't know how this game works, you have to post five random things about yourself on your own blog and then tag five other people. I know, I know! It's a bit like the chain letter thing I don't do, but not quite the same. I am not forwarding this to you through a gazillion possibly-virus-infected computers.)
------------
The guy in the picture is actor Eddie Cahill. He played the character Tag, Rachel's assistant and short-term boyfriend on Friends. No real connection, just a bad visual pun.

No comments: