Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cats gone bad

This evening Sundance starting whining and talking under the table. Since her eye has been infected (I may have to take her to the vet tomorrow afternoon) I went to check on her. She had brought in a small frog and was waxing verbose over it.

I scooped up the frog and put it on the front porch. Sundance went prowling around trying to find it, so I scooped up Sundance and put her on the porch.

She came back in and prowled around, meowing and making a general nuisance of herself, no doubt waiting for one of us to go to bed so she could jump in and prevent any reading from going on.

I did finally go to bed and had just picked up my book when Tom opened the door to my bedroom to announce that the cats had brought in a snake.

It was a small but fat garter snake that Cassidy had dropped under the dining room table. Tom shone a flashlight on it from a safe distance and I picked it up -- after prudently putting on some canvas work gloves conveniently near at hand, just in case -- and tossed it out the back door.

Cats! These are definitely not the new and improved version.

No comments: