Thursday, July 17, 2008

Flip flop

This evening when I got home, I turned on my computer and waited for it to load. I kept hearing a popping sort of noise, but the cats didn't seem to be up to anything. A few minutes later, I decided to look under the bookcase. Helen had told me the last time they found a headless bunny, the head showed up sometime later under a bookcase.

I did not find the head, but I did find another bunny. This one was alive but had gotten itself stuck in one of the sticky traps for the mice. I put on gloves, picked it up -- have you ever heard a small rabbit cry? -- and took it outside. Surprisingly, I was able to get it disentangled from the trap. It sat for about half a minute in the rocks out front by the door and then hopped away.

Not carrying a basket of Easter eggs, but I think it was happy.

At least it wasn't a snake.

Cats!

No comments: