Saturday, July 5, 2008

Winner!

So this afternoon, Gary comes into the shop and says, "Congratulations, Michael I saw your name up on the board."

Puzzled look from Michael. "What board?"

"The board at Perkins. You won the drawing this week for two free meals."

There is a Perkins more or less on the way home from the railway, and every now and then Tom and I stop and have dinner there. Last week when we were there, I noticed that they had one of those boxes that you put your business card in and they draw one every week. The prize is two free meals. For some reason, I had a couple of outdated business cards with me, and so I tossed one into the box. If Gary hadn't told me I won, I doubt I would have ever known.

So I stopped by on the way home this evening and got my gift certificates. Tom was already grilling for tonight's dinner, and Tim is still with us until tomorrow. He heads back to Chicago tomorrow morning, having taken seventy-two gazillion photos at the railway. He picked a good day. It was beautiful weather and we were incredibly busy. No one seemed to mind having their picture taken, either, so that was good. These pictures will be used on the web site and in other advertising stuff.

Anyway, Tim will head home and tomorrow evening, after another long and likely busy day, Tom and I will head for Perkins and see what we haven't already tried from their senior menu.

It's not the first thing I've ever won, but it is nice nonetheless.

No comments: