Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Later, that same day ...

The thunderstorm didn't amount to much, so we took off for Madison. Well, we tried to take off, but we soon discovered that Berry Road, which had been damaged down by the pond, was under re-construction there today. So we turned around and went the other way.

We went to Savers first, a thrift store where the clothing is affordable at least. I got a tie with flags on it to wear at work for the Fourth of July. I looked for a train-themed tie, but no luck. I did find a vest that fit and would have looked good with a pocketwatch chain draped across my middle, but it was dry clean only and I don't buy dry-clean-only costume bits.

Then we ate Japanese at the mall, wandered around and wound up at the Barnes & Noble. Tom bought a few used books and we headed home. He gassed up along the way, because once we got outside the Dells, gasoline could still be had for $3.999.

Not a very exciting day, but tomorrow will bring a guest (Tim Dodd) for the holiday weekend, and we both got the notice from the gummint that our economic stimulus checks are due this week. Whoo, doggie, won't that be sweet?

Meanwhile, one of my online students has sent me his final three papers but has neglected to send the first, and I am trying to get that one from him so that I can grade them in sequence. (There is a reason for this.) I emailed him about it yesterday but haven't heard anything yet. Considering that the first paper was due in March and he didn't send anything until the end of June, I am not feeling too much pressure to get things graded immediatley. Still, I would like to finish it all up, get his grade in and get paid. Whoo, doggie, won't that be sweet, too?

No comments: