Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Visiting, writing and tires

Today I went into Milwaukee to meet with John Sullivan, who is now provincial of the OCD friars. John was provincial before, when I was prior of Holy Hill. This was to discuss how to move the formal process of my leaving the Carmelites along. (Long story, not all that interesting, doesn't have any practical significance at the moment. Moving on ...)

Then we stopped at Holy Hill on the way back to the Dells so that I could pick up some material from Fr. Jude to help me in writing the history of the Shrine that I have agreed to do for them. It is not a huge project -- a book of only 64 pages, most likely. It will, however, have my name on it, so I will finally be able to say I have a book published.

Meanwhile I plod along on my little book on Elijah and the ravens of Carith.

Tom had agreed to go with me on this trip, and it was a good thing. When he went into the garage this morning, one tire on the Vibe looked low. So he checked, and it had only about seven pounds of pressure. Two tires had 25 and only one had the recommended 32. So he hooked the pump up and corrected all that, but we decided it was better to take the truck than to risk getting halfway to Milwaukee only to discover that a tire was going flat on us. If I had headed out alone this morning, no telling what would have happened -- but it probably would not have been good.

1 comment:

The Hermit said...

Time to invest in a AAA membership!