Saturday, August 2, 2008

Wrap up

Well, not much to tell from the last few days. Thursday and Friday were very busy at the railway, but today (Saturday) was quiet by comparison. The big excitement was the arrival of an advance copy of the new issue of Live Steam magazine which features the Riverside & Great Northern on the cover with a photo-packed article inside. (Rush right out to your nearest newsstand for your copy! On sale in another week or so!)

I finally finished listening to the Augusten Burroughs memoir, Dry, and it was quite involving. I gather from an author's note that I found quoted in an article elsewhere (not included anywhere on the audio edition, either in print or on the CDs) that he did say that he had made up names and so on, conflated incidents and modified details to preserve anonymity. The story includes a prolonged and brutal relapse, so be prepared for that if you decide to give it a try. I am happy to say he survives and does return to sobriety by the end.

Now I will try to listen to the talks on economics. I doubt they will be as gripping, but maybe I will learn something useful.

No comments: