Thursday, June 4, 2009

Book news


I thought I would do a computer search for my book on Bing.com, and I discovered that it is now being listed by a couple of online bookstores. I am sure they picked it up from the Amazon listing, but it is good to see it getting exposure on other sites. One is Our Lady of Mount Carmel Bookstore, the other Michael Cross Books. You can get it online through Target, but that is because their book link basically takes you to Amazon.

I haven't started marketing the Elijah book yet. I had thought of doing my mailing to the Carmelite monasteries today while I am off work, but I am considering waiting until later. They celebrate his feast on July 20, so a mailing in mid-June might catch them better. And next week, I will have two days off!
Actually I wound up with two days off this week, but tomorrow I am driving to Holy Hill and back -- two hours each way -- to have a short visit with Fr. Steven Payne while he is back from Kenya. Today I am heading over to St. John's in Reedsburg for a meeting -- should be leaving NOW -- and then have to get my new glasses fitted and then do my library volunteering this afternoon. So there go those two days.
At any rate, sales of the first two books keep trickling in. Past experience indicates that a mailing for the third book will probably produce some orders for the first two as well.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

My famous Uncle Mike!