Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy dads

At the railroad, mothers ride free on Mother's Day and dads ride free on Father's Day. For Mother's Day I picked up a balloon at Walgreen's to add a little flair to the shop. Today when I went by there to get something for Father's Day, they had -- wait for it -- nothing, nada, zilch, zero. No balloons, no signs, no posters, no no no.

I don't know, maybe dads don't do balloons. But hey, people, SOMETHING! Even a plain round balloon that said Happy Father's Day. I also got cherry-filled Hershey kisses for our candy bowl for Mother's Day, but I didn't know what to get dads. Gummy worms?

You never saw such a bunch of shocked faces on guys as those who found out we let them ride free today. Even their families seemed surprised.

People, get with the program!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Sad isn't it?

I'm thoroughly convinced that our society is/has become an almost perfectly matriarchal society these days.

Again, it's sad that fathers/dads are so.......passed over/overlooked.