Friday, June 19, 2009

Playing catch up

No, silly, not that kind of catch up!

We had a nice two-hour lunch visit with Rick in Iowa yesterday. On the way back, I realized we could come by way of Mount Carroll, IL and see the Dauphins. John was at work, but we got a chance to visit with Judi and Matt and to see their house. Mount Carroll is a pretty little town with some beautiful old homes. We made it back here safely, despite Tom suggesting I take the excruciatingly winding County Trunk K in Lafayette County. But I won’t complain about that because it would be petty, and I am certainly not going to be petty about being forced to drive on that terrible road just to satisfy Someone’s curiosity about it. I’m much too mature for that!

This morning I went into Baraboo to check the District 19 mail so that I can prepare for the meeting next Wednesday. To my delight there was a donation in the mail, which always makes a treasurer happy. I also bought stamps for the Elijah book mailing. (See below.)

On the way back I stopped at Wally World and got my oil changed and the air filter replaced. They were fast and left the interior of the car quite clean. Of course, the cost of an oil change has almost doubled in the last year or two …

I printed the postcards and address labels for the Elijah book marketing mailing, labeled and stamped everything and got it into the mail before the noon pickup. I also mailed Fr. Anthony Morello his personal copy of the book, which I dedicated to him in gratitude for all he has done and been for me over the last three decades.

I am happy to announce that sales continue to trickle in for the books, and a mailing always increases sales. So that is moving along.

Barry came by for a chat this afternoon, but it was too warm and muggy to sit on the deck. His visit did motivate me to clean up the kitchen and vacuum the carpets. I even sorted through all the stuff in my own room and filed it away and cleaned my bathroom, even though Barry wasn't going to see any of that. We are expecting thunderstorms to move back into the area this afternoon. We had storms last night, lots of rain and lightning, but no local damage and a predicted hailstorm passed us completely.

Tonight we are going to dinner with Peggy. I think the plan is to go to Sandstone Pub for the fish fry.

Fresh bulletins as developments warrant.

No comments: