Friday, June 26, 2009


Tom gave a presentation today about protecting the riverfront in tourist areas to a group of folks attending a conference at the Aldo Leopold Legacy Center. (It is pictured above. Click on the link for more about Leopold and the Center.) Apparently that went well. He's such a pro!

I ran into Baraboo on some errands, including getting some coffee at the Coffee Bean Connection. They were out of my favorite, Jungle Nut, so I am trying Macadamia Nut. Rich -- one of the owners -- asked me if we had lost power, and I explained we live in the Town of Delton. That's when I found out about the latest squirrel episode in the Boo. That also explained why my efforts to log onto my bank account this morning had failed. All is now well, however.

Later I picked up stuff for dinner tonight. (Pork chops and rice, basically.) Coming home from Wally World, I checked the mail. To my delight, I got a couple of book orders today from monasteries, one for five copies of Elijah and the other for ten copies. So I got those packed and shipped and the invoices sent out. I am now down to one copy myself, so I had to order more. This is a nice problem.

To my even greater delight, my friend Rick got great news today, which means he can proceed to move to Maryland and begin a new phase of his life. He has had a rather rough period over the last few years, and now things are turning right for him.

No comments: