Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Dragon and The Dauphins

This afternoon Judi and Matthew surprised me with a couple of gifts in honor of National Gift Store Manager Day. (No, you didn't miss it on your calendar, unless your calendar is in Judi's creative head.) I got some Jamaican Me Crazy coffee from the Coffee Bean Connection, a place in Baraboo that Judi and I both like. She is always making me pots of different coffees she gets there, and this is (I think Rich -- one of the owners -- told me) their most popular blend.

Along with the coffee was this bookmark with an Asian dragon design. I am a big dragon fan, and Asian dragons represent blessings, wisdom and good fortune. The text at the bottom says, "The Dragon is gifted, intelligent tenacious, willing and generous."

Thanks, Dauphins!

FYI: The Dauphin of France (strictly The Dauphin of Viennois) was the title given to the heir apparent to the throne of France, somewhat like the the Prince of Wales is the heir apparent to the throne of England. The word means dolphin in French, and refers to the animal on their flag and coat of arms.

Anyway, John and Matthew Dauphin are princes, and Judi a princess in my book any day.

No comments: