Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday

After examining the tree damage this morning, Tom took off for an eye checkup -- turns out he will have to have cataract surgery -- and I cleaned up the house a bit in anticipation of a visit from a friend of Peter's. I made sure my paycheck had been deposited in my account, which it had. Then I showered and took off for Madison. I wandered around bookstores, had chicken teriyaki for lunch and got an acupressure back massage. Very nice! Also filled the car up on the way back and saved seven cents a gallon over the same brand in the Dells.

Then back to stop off in Baraboo to say hi to Tom at the Sauk County Fair, where I also saw Joe Screnock (who had brought us some homemade tartar sauce) and stopped by the PFLAG booth to say hello and thank them for being there.

Then back to the house about 4:00 to find Peter was still asleep. Since his friend's car is broken down, it looks like she probably won't be here until next week. Peter woke up in time to try to help find a place to repair her car, but it being a late Friday afternoon, he was not able to get it into the place he wanted. She has taken it somewhere and they are just hoping for the best at this point.

Meanwhile, I should go check on Rich and Peggy's mail and see if Molly the Cat needs anything.

Exciting day, huh?

PS -- Highlight of my day: Got the sweetest email from Kristin.

PPS -- Another highlight of my day: Matthew Dauphin (Round Matthew, as Tom calls him, to distinguish him from Flat Matthew, the blog we kept for his school project back in February and March) found this little flamingo at a shop and wanted to give it to us. Right now it is on top of the bookcase in the library with Tom's family photos. Thank you, Matthew! You know us too well!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I meant every word.