Friday, November 19, 2010

One step forward ...

I got a nice letter from the Provincial saying that he has consulted with his Council and will soon send the Generalate in Rome a request for my separation from the Order. This is not a big priority in Rome, I don't imagine, but at least things are moving.

On the other hand, due to likely changes in Wisconsin laws, I am having to have some legal work done for things like power-of-attorney and my will and so on. I have a CD that has just matured, and that will pay for it. At least that is my hope.

Otherwise, things are autumnal. Days and nights are colder. It is dark earlier, thanks to Standard Time. When the bookmobile goes out on Tuesday evenings, we now do so in the dark. That is my usual 10-hour day, but doing the last couple of hours in the dark makes it seem even longer.

Tom has finished up with the track crew over at the railroad. I think his next big project is trying to straighten out the basement. And I think he is going to be working on getting the security for the Canadian Pacific's Holiday Train, which will be visiting the Dells December 9. You may recall that every year the employees of Canadian Pacific run a train through up here and one in Canada, bringing a show to small cities and towns to raise money and food for local food pantry programs. The little railroad contributes to the effort by arranging for security to make sure no small children (or foolish adults) get dangerously close to the train itself. I helped with it one year. COLD AS COULD BE! This year it comes on a Thursday and I will be on my bookmobile rounds.

No big plans for Thanksgiving. Peter's girlfriend will be home for the holidays from Connecticut, and we expect not to see much of him over the next week. But Christmas and its visitors are just a few weeks away ...

1 comment:

Sunny said...

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!! The Holidays are ALMOST HERE!!!!!