Sunday, November 7, 2010

Well, coming back down to (Wisconsin) earth...

Last week the "Check Engine" light in the Vibe flashed on. Yesterday morning, I took it in and found out that they will have to replace a defective oxygen sensor. Total is going to run me about $500. More annoying is that I had to leave the car there for the weekend, so the work can be done Monday when the part arrives. So I am here at the house without wheels. (Tom generously offered to let me use his truck, but it is a standard transmission and I have nowhere in particular to go anyway.)

Peter will give me a ride to work tomorrow (Monday) morning, and Tom will pick me up at the end of the day. The service department at the auto dealer keeps late hours, and if all goes well, I should be able to get the car tomorrow evening. At least this week, due to inventory, I am working normal 8-to-5 days. Often I don't even get off work until 8:15 Monday evenings. Glad I won't have to deal with that!

John Dauphin will be staying with us this week and next so that he and Tom can oversee the work crews replacing railroad ties at the Riverside & Great Northern. Tom just came off an intense (and successful) campaign workload, and he could probably have used another week or two to recover from that. But no good deed goes unpunished, and he did volunteer to do this railroad thing.

Nice day today -- we may actually have several good days in the 60s before it turns cold and rainy again on Friday. I swept leaves out of the garage and off the front porch today. Now if the wind will cooperate and blow them away from the house ...

1 comment:

Sunny said...

LOL- oh you do have a sense of humor Michael!! Leaves only blow back across where you just got rid of them...I think it's a law of nature or something!!!