Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A touch of the absurd

I had occasion today to look up my books on Amazon.com. I was amused to see that the Elijah book, which sells for $9.95 brand new, can be purchased as a used book from a couple of places for about $28.

Make sense to anyone?

Tom suggested it may be that it is a rare book. (What did he mean by that?)

I suggested they might be autographed copies, which would certainly make them much more valuable.

Neither he nor the cats were impressed with that suggestion.

I also note that the Gratian book is apparently not available used -- I am sure people cannot bear to part with it! And the John murder mystery is available used at only slightly more than its full $12.95.

Oh, well.

2 comments:

Judi D said...

"Elijah" may be $9.95 (or $28 if you're lucky) "John" may be $12.95---but you Michael are Priceless!!!

Michael Dodd said...

As are you, Mrs.D.