Friday, November 19, 2010

So NOT a happy camper!

So I jump up from the dinner table and rush over to the bank -- not my regular bank, BTW -- to cash in the CD that just matured.

"I'm sorry, but we don't have anyone here who can do that."

Me, puzzled, but after all it is Friday evening, although well within their stated hours of business: "Tomorrow?" They are also open on Saturday, so I figure I can come over in the morning.

""Unfortunately, we won't have anyone who will be able to do that tomorrow."

Me, not so happy: "Well, when?"

"You'll have to come back on Monday."

They open on weekdays at 10:00, well after I am at work. And although they are "open" until 7:00 in the evening Monday through Friday, they apparently are not "open" for cashing in CDs or who knows what else, although I never noticed any signs to that effect anywhere.

As you probably know, you only have ten days to cash in a matured CD or it rolls over and you have to wait until it matures next time -- in this case, November 2011. So time is ticking.

"I work," I told her. "How am I supposed to get this done if you don't have anyone around who can handle it except during normal work hours?"

No reply.

So I am NOT a happy camper.

As it turns out, I have off next Wednesday and will probably be able to do it then. But what if the ten day grace period had been up tomorrow or Sunday? Or Monday or Tuesday?

At any rate, I will call on Monday to make sure I can take care of it Wednesday. If this were my regular bank, I know I would be able to get all this done easily. So no more fooling around with Citizens Community Federal. I got the CD there only because Peter worked there at the time, and I wanted to throw a little business his way. Not long after I bought the thing, their online banking system started refusing to let me on to check up on what was happening. Should have known then ...

No good deed goes unpunished!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

So True!!!! My Bank is one place I wont do business to "Just throw a little business" their way. My bankers and I know each other on a first name basis. I KNOW who is keeping my money safe. I hope it all works out for you, Michael!!!