Thursday, September 25, 2014

And now back to ...


I'm not so sure about the "Everyone But You" part, and I certainly am not sure that the "Waterpark Capital of the World"® qualifies as the real world in the usual sense.  Today was certainly back to the real world, though not in a bad way.

It was a nice day here in The Real World. We had a spot of rain in the night, but the morning turned sunny, temperature was up to about 76 (24.4 C) by mid-afternoon, there are more colors in the trees. Tom did some mowing. I had bills to pay, a bank deposit to make, a flu shot scheduled and a bit of grocery shopping. I called my former bookmobile colleague to arrange to take her out for lunch on her birthday next week. It is easy to remember because it is the same day as my younger brother's birthday. She was born the same year I was but on the same day and month as my brother.

Since I was out of town on Wednesday morning, I had re-scheduled my tutoring for Friday. So I have to prepare my lessons for that. I need to do laundry and yada yada yada.

The weird thing of the day -- perhaps the Unreal World bit -- was that when I turned on my tablet this morning, there was an unfamiliar icon. When I clicked on it, it opened up a photo book entitled "Trip to Sister Bay" containing lots of the photos I had posted on the blog. After it ran a little slide show, it disappeared. 

Spooky stuff, boys and girls! Later I was able to locate it on the photo app. What struck me as odd was that it had created itself apparently, chosen from the photos I had posted (not all were included) and put the thing together. It even labelled a group of the photos as being from Peninsula State Park. I am not sure why it called it a trip to Sister Bay, although we did visit Sister Bay. On the blog, at any rate, I usually referred to Ephraim, which was were we were staying. I did not use the tablet to take the photos or do any of the posting on the blog.The app got all that when the laptop and tablet synced.

Or maybe the cats did it?


1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

In general cats are up to no good and can't be trusted. Yes.