Friday, January 4, 2008

Catching up

Well, here's what's been happening.

I went to the doctor yesterday for my annual checkup and to renew prescriptions. He did change one of he blood pressure ones (my BP was 116/70), and I hope it makes a difference in cost as well as side effects. Have to keep an eye on it, though, and I may have to go back on the other one if necessary.

He also gave me a referral for a doctor to see about my colonoscopy that is due in the next couple of months. So I have that appointment set up and the surgery to look forward to in maybe February or March.

I will be heading to Whitehouse next week after I go in for the blood test part of my physical on Tuesday morning. If the weather looks reasonable, that means I could get there by Wednesday afternoon or evening. Have to play that part by ear. It's a two-day drive, and I don't want to get stuck in an EconoLodge in Missouri for a few days in a snow storm.

Also, BIG news, today was my last day at the law office. I decided that the stress of the job was not worth it, and so I am moving on. Life is too short to dread going to work every day. It was a very friendly parting, and I expect to stay in touch with the Screnocks. I have been keeping an eye on the job market, and when I get back from my trip to Texas, we will see what develops. I am continuing to teach for the Carmelite Institute's distance learning program and maybe I'll get serious about finishing up some articles to submit for publication. Right now, it just feels good not to have anything to do for a while.

Well, not anything except check the weather reports, make motel reservations, get an oil change before heading out, packing ...

No comments: