Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Turning Tuesday

Monday was a pretty nice day, in the low 40s and lots of melting going on. Today it decided to get cold again and right now it is doing something white and wet outside, probably a mix of snow, sleet and frozen rain. Tom had planned to see a friend north of here, but the TV news announced the schoolkids were being sent home early and he canceled. At least it is not supposed to amount to all that much and should warm up a bit later in the week.

I would say that the weather is making the cats crazy, but as far as I can tell, they don't really need a reason. St. Ignatius of Loyola talks about a spiritual experience he calls "consolation without previous cause", that is, a sublime feeling of joy in the divine presence that simply comes upon you, not because of anything you have been doing but as pure gratuity. I think the cats have "craziness without previous cause" going on pretty much all the time.

Yesterday I dropped by the law office to help Joe and Evelyn with a couple of things. The sad news is that they have lost several lambs born during the recent stretch of sub-zero weather. Evelyn was particularly sad about the loss of one jet black lamb. They don't get many and she had been hoping for one.

After lunch I decided to go over to Wal-Mart to pick up a prescription the surgeon's nurse called in yesterday for my colonoscopy prep. The procedure isn't until next week, but I figured I'd go ahead and get it so they wouldn't have to call me. Turns out the nurse called it in to Walgreen's, not Wal-Mart. So I'll have to try again tomorrow.

No comments: