Tuesday, January 8, 2008

From beautiful Cape Girardeau, Missouri

Well, exhausted and with my right leg almost cramping, I made it safely through fog and rain to the Super 8 in Cape Girardeau, the first leg of my trip to Texas. I made good time, but I had to be alert the whole nine hours, so it is no wonder my gas pedal leg was tense. (No cruise control on the Vibe, even though Tom bought it to commute between Chicago and Detroit and back every week. The boy is frugal.)

I listened to my CDs on major themes in philosophy. Pretty good, although the lecturer got pretty repetitive at times. I think he was trying to fill up the time, to be honest. But I learned a lot.

Tomorrow I will begin listening to the life of Einstein. I checked it out of the library at the Dells. It is 21 hours total. More than enough to get me to Texas and part way back!

My room here is quite nice, and they have free internet, although it took me a while to find the button on the front of the computer to turn on my wireless connection. My only real complaint is that I keep getting a busy signal when I try to make a long distance call from the room. Small problem, since I used my emergency cell to let Texas and Wisconsin know I had survived the trip. Tom tells me it is snowing again in the Dells, so I am glad I got out early.

Gasoline is under three dollars here! It is around $3.16 in the Dells area, more at the stations near the interstate, naturally.

I imagine I will be early to bed, though not necessarily early to rise. I hope I can sleep without a cat poking at me all night.

No comments: