Saturday, January 12, 2008

Surely Saturday

No, that is not a picture of Whitehouse. Toby came this morning to blow the leaves off the roof and out of the yard. Leaves kept falling the whole time he was at it, so four hours later the leaves that had been here were cleaned up but a new batch covered everything. I guess one advantage to living up north is the snow keeps coming along at a certain point and covers it all up again. After I left for Texas, the Dells got another four or five inches of snow. Tom took that picture of the bird feeder in the back yard for his blog yesterday. When he called tonight he said they had more snow today.

Here it was a cool breezy morning, but a very clear sky. Mama and I went for a walk up to the high school and back while Daddy supervised the yard work. I can't believe how big the high school is in Whitehouse now. Mama said when she graduated back when, there were 22 in her class. Now there are about 300 every year. When I graduated from Huntsville High School in 1968, I think we were only about 140 or so.

Lunch was Mexican food at La Hacienda and I did not have my ususal guacamole. Tom emailed that my lab tests came back, and I am going to have to pay more attention to the low glycemic diet the doctor wants me on, which means no avocados among other things.

This afternoon on the way back from Tyler, I got caught in a real downpour and thunderstorm. Rain continued for a while, but it finally ended and it is supposed to clear up again after midnight.

No critter report, although Mama is feeding another feral cat -- this a huge black pregnant one.

No comments: