Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Quietly

Not too much to report, actually. I went with Mama to visit Christine and Bobbie today. We had lunch with Christine at the senior aprtment complex where she lives now. Very nice place, nice meal. I got the windshield on the Vibe fixed Monday. I went to Barnes & Noble, to the Whitehouse library and such things. Helped Daddy recharge the battery in the motorhome and put on the new registration sticker. Talked to Gary Fielding and Joyce on the phone for a while last night. They were trying to get me to visit them in Oklahoma on my way back to Wisconsin, but I can't manage it this trip. I promised I would stop by on my next loop through. I assume I have done more than that, but nothing much comes to mind.

I think if I had another week or so and a couple of cans of tuna, I could get the feral cat Mama is feeding to let us catch him and take him (she/it/whatever) to the vet to have that left leg looked at. He/she/it/whatever has a bad limp. The cat is spending more time on the porch and doesn't run away as fast or as far when I go out there, but that may just be because of the sore leg.

I made my reservation for Sunday night at the EconoLodge in Cameron, MO. The weather at this point looks like I will have a cold trip back, but no winter storms. From Tom I hear there has been even more snow in Delton Township, though.

No comments: