Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday in Whitehouse

I found The Huntsville Item obituary page and showed Mama how to add pages to her Favorites list. (The first name on the obituary list was Virgil Sowell, the son of a lady who used to keep me and Ted in Huntsville.) Then I showed her how to turn the sound on and off on her computer and how to do a Google search. I programmed the garage door opener button on the new Town and Country.

Later I went with Daddy to make the Meals on Wheels run. As a reward, we got a meal, too -- ham, black eye peas, sweet potatoes and conbread. Pretty good actually, except for the cornbread.

This evening I took Mama and Daddy out for their 61st anniversary dinner -- at Daniel Boone's Beans & Burger in Tyler. (No one can say the Dodds ain't got no class!) Bobbie joined us and a good time was had by all. Various versions of chicken fried and country fried steak all around, although only Daddy and I ventured a bowl of beans.

No comments: