Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And on and on and on

I remember once the preacher at a gospel meeting in Huntsville was describing hell as "going on and on and on and on and on." Freddie Kramer leaned over to me and said, "Just like this sermon."

If you are like me, you are probably more than tired of the campaign. My new definition of eternity is an American electoral campaign. By comparison, that sermon was a nanosecond of bliss. (No fault of Calvin Klein, but some kinds of eternity just stink.)

Mama asked me the other day if I plan to vote. I told her I always vote -- even in local things about schools and state supreme court judges. I have missed only one presidential election since I became eligible to vote in 1971, and that was due to an unscheduled trip that took me out of town too late for me to arrange for an absentee ballot.

On this blog we intentionally do not do politics. As Linus said, he had learned not to discuss three things with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin.

Anyone who wants to discuss the Great Pumpkin, go at it.

The rest of you, get out there and vote, if you haven't already done so.

And that's my final word.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I try not to tell anyone who I want to vote for either. The family is split in half so I do better just keeping my vote to myself. Vince loves to talk about how he doesn't know who to vote for but he's conservative, through and through. I'm liberal. So its much better for us to not even talk about it!

Joseph said...

And do you approve this message?