Saturday, October 18, 2008

Distant Dodds

Our distant cousin -- back several hundred years, I guess -- Tim Dodd (who took that picture of me that now graces this blog) was here this weekend to take some photos at the railway for Tom to use on the web page and for other publicity stuff. He and Tom had a good day following trains loaded with kids out to the pumpkin patch at Camp Siding, while Roberta and I huddled over our registers selling tickets and toys as fast as we could.

Later after disocvering that our friends who run our favorite Italian place were on vacation and their restaurant was closed, Tom, Tim and I went out for Chinese in Baraboo to a little place that has good food. I warned Tim, though, that the service tended to be slo-o-o-o-o-o-o-w. So, naturally, the service was prompt and excellent, as was the food. Since we had a guest, I was glad to be proved wrong this time.

Then Tom and Tim came home and worked over the photos for most of the evening while I petted cats and tried to ease my aching joints. I am beginning to realize that although I am staying quite young myself, my body continues to age steadily.

Tim heads back to Chicago tomorrow, after Tom feeds him a hearty breakfast of blueberry pancakes and bacon, and Tom and I will both head back to the railway for another round. This is Harvest Fest weekend in the Dells, and the weather has been brisk and sunny. So I imagine another busy day with the pumpkin trains.

No comments: