Monday, October 20, 2008

Financial fun

Today I got a Kohl's bill. I checked online and see that I already have a payment scheduled that will cover it, so that is cool.

I also got a letter from CitiBank saying they were going to cancel a Visa card I have with them. The reason? I never use it. In fact, I cut it up some time ago and had forgotten I even had the account. So it is good that they are keeping their records up to date and clearing me out of their system.

I almost always use my Discover card, but I do have a MasterCard on hand for those rare places (which include the R&GN Railway, BTW) that do not accept Discover. The credit limit on my Discover is about $15,000. That is because it is the card I used when I did all the shopping at Sam's Club and Costco for the Carmelites. That meant big bills every month that were always paid promptly and in full. So in some ways my good credit is not due to my own inherent stinginess but to the Carmelites being so responsible.

Thanks, guys!

No comments: