Thursday, February 25, 2010

Blah Thursday morning

Just starting out as that kind of day.

It is 5 degrees at 8:00 AM (-15 C), and today is the day we load carts at the library, unload carts at Our House Memory Care, load carts at Our House, unload carts at Golden Living, load carts at Golden Living, unload carts at Colonial Apartments, load carts of Colonial Apartments, unload carts at the library. Not that this is much physical work, but it does involve standing out in the bitter cold over and over and over and over, between which we are in overheated nursing homes.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you!

It has been a fullish week, too, and I am tired and ready for a weekend. But since I had Monday off, I will work Saturday. And I have been to two extra meetings this week in the evening after a full day at work (after a 10-hour day on Tuesday), so I am not getting my usual downtime.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I am not working Kirstin's crazy schedule plus trying to take care of a baby and all the rest of that! Nor am I preparing to move or to have people move in with me. So I should just be happy I have a job I do still love and the worst thing I have to do is come home to a hot meal Tom has prepared for me, watch a little TV and go to bed.

What's not to like, really?

Oh yeah. The backup computer I had been using died ...

To balance that, someone just bought nine books!

No comments: