Thursday, February 11, 2010

Zero Facebook

It is 0 outside (-17.7 C) on this bright sunny Thursday morning. It should get up just below freezing. Thursday is the day the bookmobile staff (Kathy, Laura and Michael) expect bad weather because it is the day we have to load and unload book carts at a couple of nursing homes and a retirement apartment building. It only takes five to ten minutes each of the eight times we do it, but in single digit temperatures, the least bit of wind makes it not fun.

As for Facebook, I heard by the grapevine (i.e., Tom) that a mutual friend wondered if I had dropped Facebook or if I had removed him from my friends list. So for those who read this, I have deactivated my Facebook account. Since I use Twitter to keep up with family, I figured I don't need to spend time at Facebook, too. So -- nothing personal. Just trying to "simplify, simplify, simplify" as so many spiritual guides recommend.

I believe my friends have my email address and can always check with me that way!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Or they read your blog!! I've bben thinking about doing that exact same thing with My FB account. I have so much going on, but Fb is one of the few places i enjoy the games. What to do- what to do!!!! Stay Warm!!!!

Steve F. said...

Yeah, I'd missed your posts to me and Karl - I'm glad to see you didn't just "un-friend" me (yes, I know that's not a verb...).

I'm tempted to do the same - or at least drastically prune back my friends list.