Sunday, February 28, 2010

Computers and spring

We went to Madison today and I got a new laptop -- a Compaq Presario 60-215DX, Nothing fancy, just a basic little machine that should serve my needs. Tom will spend a few hours getting it all set up while I sit back and watch a movie.

More importantly, on the way we saw some signs of spring. Well, Wisconsin signs of spring, anyway. Some tree limbs are starting to show red where the bud tips are beginning to form, and the bark on some of the trees has begun to lighten up. The Wisconsin River is opening up -- still plenty of ice, but lots more water visible. And although it will still get below freezing at night, over the next ten days the highs will be in the upper 30's and into the lower 40's. (Say 2.2-6.1 C).

Also, my friend Barry and his wife get back from Florida tonight, and I should be able to get back into my routine of having coffee and a chat with him every week. I look forward to that, too.

I am off tomorrow (Monday), but the day will be mostly things like doing some banking, making an appointment for my annual check-up at the doctor (and renewal of prescriptions), housecleaning and laundry.

And that is all the news that's not even fit to blog.

No comments: