Sunday, February 14, 2010

Weekend visitors & c.

Happy Valentine's Day from Sundance, Cassidy, Tom, Peter and Michael!

John, Judi and Matthew were up yesterday because John had a Board meeting at the R&GN. We had a nice visit in the afternoon and got Firehouse Pizza, our favorite local pizza place. John says it is worth the three-hour trip just to get their pizza. Judi gets to go to Turtle Island Beads when they come up (she is makng necklaces for a craft show), and so I guess she figures John needs something nice, too. Matthew got to play with various electrical fixtures, tease the cats and play with Tom's Lionel train set. He even got the train to puff smoke, so it was a successful visit for him, too.

I had been craving Thai Chicken Pizza from Firehouse for a while, and since we were ordering three pizzas, it gave me a chance to get what I wanted. Ordinarily we get their Deluxe (which Tom insists on calling "garbage" because that is what the analogous pizza-with-everything is called by the Medici in Hyde Park), which is an excellent pizza, but not Thai Chicken. Thai Chicken Pizza has peanut sauce, jalapeƱos, diced chicken, broccoli, onion and Swiss cheese. John was the only one willing to give it a try, but I don't think he will do it again. I ordered a small one, knowing I will always have it pretty much to myself.

No comments: